- Quick links
- About us
- Public campaigns
- Workplace health
- Tools for patients and professionals
- Healthwise Solutions
Montréal, April 20, 2017 – Nearly 19,000 Quebec smokers participated in the 18th edition of the Quit to Win! Challenge, which took place from February 6 to March 19. This marks a 16% increase in participation compared to 2016. According to a survey conducted by Léger, nearly 4 out of 5 participants managed to not smoke during the 6 weeks of the Challenge, an excellent success rate!1
The Quit to Win! Challenge is a province-wide campaign that provides free support to smokers who want to quit. Created in 2000, this initiative of Capsana is in partnership with several public and private organizations, including the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, Quebec’s Directions régionales de santé publique, the Canadian Cancer Society, the Jean Coutu Group, and GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. To find out more, visit quitchallenge.ca.
Capsana is a social enterprise owned by the ÉPIC Foundation, which is associated with the Montreal Heart Institute, and the Fondation PSI. Its mission is to help individuals take an active role in their health. To find out more, visit capsana.ca.
1. Léger (2017), Les participants à l’édition 2017 du Défi J’arrête, j’y gagne! – Rapport d’analyse d’un sondage post-Défi.
2. Léger (2017), Notoriété et efficacité perçue de la campagne Défi J’arrête, j’y gagne! 2017.
3. Léger (2017), Les participants à l’édition 2017 du Défi J’arrête, j’y gagne! – Rapport d’analyse d’un sondage post-Défi.
4. West, R. & Stapleton, J. (2008). Clinical and public health significance of treatments to aid smoking cessation. European Respiratory Review, 17 (110), 199-204. Retrieved on December 8, 2016, from http://err.ersjournals.com/content/17/110/199..